I can’t believe its almost June already, I kid you not, it was February yesterday. May was an excellent month, so let’s see what went down.
I ate a lot of delicious food this month (what else is new) and cooked a fair amount too! *giggles at corny rhyme*
- I made Homemade Pop Tarts for my dad’s birthday (these were the bomb diggety and super easy)
- Honey Garlic Shrimp for dinner one day
- Plus we went to Taziki’s Restaurant after a graduation
- And also ate at Gengis Grill, both restaurants were really yummy.
I didn’t do any shopping this month and I didn’t take a picture of any outfits this month (who am I?) So…
Reading was pretty great in May I read 8 books. One graphic novel, one non-fiction and one beta novel among others:
Favorite: Bad Boy by Walter Dean Myers. This book was so wonderful I can’t even. I’ll be posting a review soon.
Least Favorite: The Shadow Throne by Jennifer Nielsen. It wasn’t a very good ending to the series in my opinion. It wasn’t awful just eh.
I also beta-read in May, well technically April but I finished on the 1st. It was my first time as a beta-reader and Katie Grace’s book was spectacular. It was a fabulous experience.
I worked a little bit on 12 Days to Die (which might change to 12 Hours to Die) but not all that much.
I also started a superhero story with my little sister this month. It’s basically a black female Avenger #blackgirlmagic. More info later.
I thought it would be interesting to include music as a category in this recap.
I’ve been taking piano lessons and we learned the 12 major chords this month the chord inversions, and all that jazz.
I listened to Corinne Bailey Rae’s new(ish) album The Heart Speaks in Whispers. My favorite songs are The Skies Will Break, Been to the Moon, and Horse Print Dress. The album’s pretty groovy.
I also listened to Brooklyn Duo’s Brooklyn Sessions IV. Their cover of 7 years is epic.
- I saw Civil War and reviewed it
- My dad, grandmother, older brother and one of my best friends had birthdays this month (happy birthday guys!)
- Mother’s day happened (you are spectacular mom)
- I picked strawberries with the fam
- School year school ended (hello abreviated summer schedule)
- I watched the movie The Express and loved it
- I got a sinus infection
- Our church’s youth group had a lock-in
- I started this blog *dances*
I’m super excited about June and have some great posts up my sleeve.
Until next time
Stay fly friends!
How did your May go?