Purposeful Pages is a monthly link up designed to unite bloggers on answering questions about life, blogging, the Bible, writing and books.
Now to the questions:
- What verse and chapter of the Bible inspired you most this past month and why?
At the end of June and into the beginning of July I’ve been needing a reminder of the hope I have in Jesus. When I see all the violence against my people and the violence in return it’s easy to be afraid but then I think about 2 Corinthians 4:16-18
16 So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self[a] is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. 17 For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, 18 as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
2. What’s a book (fiction or nonfiction) that you read or continued reading this past month that reminded you of an important truth?
Well, a book I’m actually reading currently: Riot by Walter Dean Myers had a beautiful quote in it:
“It’ll be done when America at last defines itself, by what she sees in her collective mirrors and not by what she sees in her imagined the world of snow-white angels floating among the clouds of our lofty ideals. Until then, we’ll all be in the streets looking for where we belong.”
I think this is such a timely quote as it relates to violence and race relations in America.
3. Do you have any goals for yourself this month? If so, what are they?
This month is almost over but for the remainder my goals are to…
- Do math everyday
- Prepare for upcoming trip
- Begin scheduling and prepping for school
4. Have you discovered anything new or changed your blog around this past month?
No, not yet.
5. What is your favorite blog post that you wrote in June?
My favorite was the birthday post I wrote for my sister: Ten Things I’d Tell My Ten Year Old Self.
6. Can you share one quotable thing from your novel/book (if applicable that you recently wrote?
I haven’t recently written anything actually so…
7. What biblical character would you get along with the most and why?
Maybe, Esther? Since she got all those beauty treatments before becoming queen I would think she might be into fashion, so that could be fun. Also, I really identify with her courage in the face of adversity and her love for her people.
8. Favorite new word unearthed from the dictionary?
Huh, I don’t have one. But I do love learning new words
9. In the blogging world what is one thing you have learned about yourself?
I’ve learned that it’s more fun to write how I actually speak than to write how I would an essay.
10. What fictional character would you spend the day with and what would you do?
Ya’ll kill me man. I didn’t know what to put for this so I asked my Mom and sister and my mom said Aslan. Then I said totally, why didn’t I think of that?
But yes, Aslan. I don’t know what we would do but it would be lit.
That’s it! Comment below with what you think I should do with Aslan (if you’ve read The Chronicles of Narnia) or what word I should fall in love with.