I feel like I’m failing at life right now. I had a bomb Five Things Friday all set to go out and forgot to hit publish *face palm*. (It’ll be there this Friday though.) And now it’s August 2nd and I haven’t done a What Went Down, so here it is now.
I got to witness a whole hog being smoked at our family reunion, which was super cool. And I made brownies, probably other things, but memory fails me.
I wore the black dress outfit I featured in my Mini Thrift Haul to homecoming this month and received lots of compliments.
I also wore a dress I’ve had for a while but couldn’t wear because the neckline was too low. I wore one of my ballet leotards, the flesh-colored kind under it and it worked!
July was bomb for reading:
- Journey to Jo’burg: A South African Story ~Beverly Naidoo
- Countdown ~Deborah Wiles
- Full Cicada Moon ~Marilyn Hilton
- Out of My Mind ~Sharon M. Draper
- March: Book Two ~John Lewis
- Fire in the Streets ~Kekla Magoon
- The Hunger Games ~Suzanne Collins
- Catching Fire ~Suzanne Collins
- Yertle the Turtle ~Dr. Seuss
- Horton Hears a Who ~Dr. Seuss
- Horton Hatches the Egg ~Dr. Seuss
- Riot ~Walter Dean Myers
The reason for all the Dr. Seuss books is that in my homeschool group we do summer book club. This year’s theme was the metaphors and subversive messages in Dr. Seuss. It’s riveting stuff actually.
Best Book: Full Cicada Moon. It’s written in verse and set in the 60’s what more could you ask for?
Worst Book: Journey to Jo’burg. I liked another Beverly Naidoo book I read but this one did nothing for me.
Piano practice is going well and I’m enjoying it.
I listened to some Andra Day this month, Mistakes is my favorite song. I also rediscovered a gospel song I’ve loved forever Like a Mighty River by Kurt Carr and the Kurt Carr Singers. I also jammed out to Joe Pace.
- We went to our family reunion (it was awesome)
- I saw Finding Dory (it was okay)
- I saw the Lorax (it was better than I expected)
- I saw Spiderman 2 (it was good)
- I had a sewing intensive with my Grandmother
- I had my homeschool group orientation (high school, yay!)
- Our church had our 122nd homecoming and anniversary
How did your July go?